Saturday 1 November 2008

Result of getting 99% right and 1% wrong

How does it matter to get 99% right and 1% wrong in any activity I undertake?
It depends on the margin of error for success and failure (these two firstly clearly identified!) It depends on the importance of the activity. It depends on the the excellence I target to achieve.

Keeping these exceptions aside let me assume that it is a fairly important activity whose result is of significance to me. In such situations completing the activity with minimum use fo resources is the target. I may get 99% of it right but may fail in 1%. This 1% may spoil the whole purpose and give me grief. Am I being too severe with myself on this. Probably yes and no!

Attempt to get it 100% right. Why take a chance? When I have decided to do something why not focus and make the best attempt to do it successfully! At the same time do not get mired by the failure and not tax myself with the burden of failure. Mistakes are bound to happen especially when I attempt new things and a number of things. May be avoid attempting new things! Enjoy the set routine before a change is necessary.

No comments: